'I'm an emotional wreck': Coronation Street viewers share their grief over Kylie Platt's 'unbelievably sad' stabbing... as the actors are praised for a superb portrayal

Mail Online | 7/15/2016 | Julia Pritchard for MailOnline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/15/23/36523B6A00000578-0-image-a-29_1468622580398.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/07/02/802885058974037943/1024x576_802885058974037943.mp4

It's the TV moment that has caused rife speculation for weeks.

And in Friday night's episode of ITV's Coronation Street, it was finally revealed that mum-of-two Kylie Platt, played by actress Paula Lane, was fatally stabbed, being left to die in husband David's arms.

Scenes - David - Jack - P - Shepherd

The powerful scenes in which David, played by Jack P Shepherd, tried to comfort his dying wife as she lost her life were met with an overwhelmingly emotional reception on Twitter.

Using the hashtag #Corrie, fans of the show expressed their heartbreak over the moving scenes of Weatherfield's favourite couple.

User - 'OMG - Scenes

One user wrote: 'OMG I can't stop crying' and another agreed that the scenes were 'Unbelievably sad'.

Another said of the tragic scenes: 'I'm an emotional wreck', which a fellow used concurred with, 'complete wreck' before taking the time to praise the 'great' performances from Shepherd and Lane.

Passionate - Viewer - Death - Others - Storylines

A particularly passionate viewer greatly affected by the tragic death wanted to encourage others to watch the gripping storylines playing out in front of him, taking to the site to tweet: 'Hopefully these episodes put #Corrie back on the map'.

In two tear-jerking episodes, viewers watched a cruel Clayton attack Kylie, leaving her wounded and drenched in blood on the street, where she inevitably died.

Farewell - Husband - Wife - Emotions - Viewers

Then came the gut-wrenching farewell of the husband and wife, sending the emotions of viewers all over the country into overdrive.

After listening to Kylie's pleas to help Gemma, who had been knocked unconscious in the scuffle, David embraced his wife on the cobbles and tried to comfort her as she drifted into death.

Darkness - Grey - Memory - Breathing - Slowed

'All this darkness and grey will just be a bad memory,' he reassured her, as her breathing slowed.

Kylie then turned her attention to their children, as she uttered her last words: 'You're going to carry on for them, you're...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!

Comments