Click For Photo: https://regmedia.co.uk/2016/06/20/shutterstock_robot.jpg?x=1200&y=794
The maker of the security guard robot that allegedly ran down a toddler in a Silicon Valley shopping mall last week has claimed its droid is innocent.
Sixteen-month-old Harwin Cheng hit the headlines worldwide after his parents claimed he was knocked down and run over by a 300lb Knightscope K5 bot at the Stanford Shopping Center in Palo Alto, California.
Tot - Family - Scrape - Leg - Foot
The tot's family said he suffered a scrape on his leg and swelling to his foot, but no other injury.
On Thursday, Mountain View-based Knightscope has fired back, claiming telemetry collected from the guard bot does not match the account given by the family on the Bay Area's TV news.
Robotics - Reckons - Records - Robot - Child
The robotics biz reckons its records show it was not the robot that hit the child, but rather the boy ran into the K5 unit. Additionally, the company said it does...
Wake Up To Breaking News!