Exclusive — The Donald Endorses The Donald: Rumsfeld Says Not ‘Even a Tough Call for Me,’ ‘I Support Trump’ for President

Breitbart | 7/15/2016 | Staff
bethtetleybethtetley (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://media.breitbart.com/media/2016/07/Rumsfeld-Getty.jpg

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Donald Rumsfeld, the former Secretary of Defense for both President George W. Bush and President Gerald Ford, endorsed presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump in an exclusive interview with Breitbart News ahead of the GOP convention here next week.

“It seems to me it is,” Rumsfeld said when asked if it is a clear choice in November between Trump and presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Rumsfeld - Trump - President - Interview - Choices

Rumsfeld, who has previously indicated he would support Trump for president but went even further in this interview, explained his logic next. He started out by detailing the choices that people who are voting have in November:

I’m what, 84 years old, I’ve been through a lot of presidential elections and votes,” Rumsfeld told Breitbart News in the phone interview, for which he called in from New Mexico. “I’ve never voted for anyone I agreed with 100 percent and in every presidential election you look at it and you’ve got several choices. You can not vote, which is kind of a cop out and if you believe in democracy you’ve kind of got a responsibility to vote. You could vote for a third party and knowing that that person is going to lose, and knowing that you don’t know who you’re going to hurt or help by voting for a third party so I think that’s an unfortunate choice. And then you’re dealing with two major political parties and with 320 some million people in our country you’re going to be inevitably voting for someone you don’t agree with 100 percent of the time. Again, I’ve never agreed with any presidential nominee in either party 100 percent of the time. So it’s silly I think to think you’re going to find that kind of agreement.

Choices—Trump - Clinton—and

From there, he detailed the choices—Trump or Clinton—and who could...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged:

Comments