Newt Gingrich clarifies comments on Sharia law

KHOU | 7/15/2016 | Staff
jenn1020 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://content.tegna-media.com/photo/2016/07/15/636041744123364542-AP-GOP-2016-TRUMP-83170156_4081227_ver1.0_640_360.JPG

Newt Gingrich believes his comments about testing every U.S. Muslim to see if they believe in Sharia law were distorted.

The former House speaker took to Facebook Friday for a lengthy video on his thoughts about how to deal with suspected terrorists a day after he received criticism for his remarks on Fox News’ Hannity after a massacre in Nice, France, that killed at least 84 people and injured dozens more.

Blunt - Civilization - War - Gingrich - Thursday

"Let me be as blunt and as direct as I can be: Western civilization is in a war," Gingrich said Thursday night. "We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported. Sharia is incompatible with Western civilization. Modern Muslims who have given up Sharia, glad to have them as citizens. Perfectly happy to have them next door."

After scrutiny of his comments, Gingrich hit back, calling the stories...
(Excerpt) Read more at: KHOU
Wake Up To Breaking News!
2KXVI

Comments

• "Here are more comments from Gingrich on Twitter about the issue.
  • Newt is once again right on target and once again right on target and once again right on target and once again right on target and once again being misrepresented by those who insist on the suicide pact of political correctness, keep talking, Newt ...
    Do you exist for Something or Nothing?
  • Newt is once again right on target and once again being misrepresented by those who insist on the details later.
  • The U.S. Has laws to deal with a limited inventory.
    Do I know who I am?