The Voice Top 12 Results Show Recap: Which Contestant Exited Stage Right?

TVLine | 4/24/2018 | Charlie Mason
normanorma (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/nup_182486_1261.jpg?w=620

Going into The Voice’s Top 12 Results Show Tuesday, it was looking grim for Rayshun LaMarr and D.R. King, the latter of whom hadn’t even garnered a whole percentage point in TVLine’s poll overnight. Jackie Foster fared slightly worse than Rayshun, but I figured she’d get a pass, since her fan base seems particularly vocal and devoted — maybe not in this particular poll, and maybe not after that noxious “Toxic,” but you know, in general. And if it came down to a sing-off between Rayshun and D.R., I predicted that the former would easily win the Save by pulling out all the stops (as we know he’s capable of) and show D.R. the D-O-O-R. Was I right, or was a surprise elimination on tap?

Before we found out, of course, there was a lot of time-killing to be done. First up, Kelly Clarkson joined her team on a version of “Don’t Take the Money” on which I’d have sworn they all sang in a different key or something. Again, technical issues? When even Kelly doesn’t sound like herself, there’s a whopper of a problem. By the time each of them took a turn singing a way-off last little bit, I was tempted to hit mute on the remote and put them out of their misery. (And was birthday girl Kelly wearing Life Savers?) Next, Adam Levine and Maroon 5 performed their current single “Wait,” which wasn’t nearly as interesting without the backdrop of its eye-popping video. (YouTube it if you haven’t seen it — it’s like, wow!) On the plus side, Adam didn’t seem...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.
Tagged: