Finishing Well

LifeWay Pastors | 4/23/2018 | Daniel Hyun
yana.booyana.boo (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ministrysites/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2018/04/23072331/finish-line-finish-strong-w-title.jpg

So, I’m not young but God willing, I have some years left to serve the Lord. Though I pray for visible fruit in this day, I increasingly find myself asking God for the grace to finish well. My motivations are partly based on stories I hear of pastors who do not end well. One story is too many. Maybe it’s our current multimedia age, but I feel like I hear about these things in growing frequency.

I don’t look on these pastors with any sort of judgment. Rather, I recognize that apart from the grace of God in my life, I am fully capable of experiencing the same things that cause others not to finish well.

God - Grace - Warning - Signs - Life

Along with depending on God’s grace, I want to be wise in recognizing certain warning signs in my life. I’ve found it helpful to have a periodic checklist to gauge my health in different areas. Based on past experience, God has shown me that it’s beneficial for me to give attention to these areas because when I don’t, I usually experience the results.

Here’s how I break it down (recognizing that as a holistic being, these things often bleed into one another):

Life - Renewing - Mind - Pattern - Life

How do I find myself processing life? Am I experiencing the renewing of my mind or is there an unhealthy pattern to my thought life?

In one aspect, this involves the nourishing of my mind. Is my intellect becoming dull with too many late-night Netflix binges? Then I probably need to read more books.

Mind - Health - Post - Depression - Warning

When I think about my mind, I also consider my mental health. As I wrote about in a previous post, I suffer from depression. I need to recognize some of the common warning signs I’ve experienced in the past and actively seek out life-giving responses. For me, this includes the wisdom of mental health...
(Excerpt) Read more at: LifeWay Pastors
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Government, where everything works great, until something has to work.