John Oliver Compares Donald Trump Administration To ‘Sharknado’

Deadline | 4/22/2018 | Lisa de Moraes
Click For Photo: https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/last-week_-tonight-john_-oliver.jpg?w=605

John Oliver began his HBO late night show with talk of yet another busy week for the Trump administration “the Sharknado of administrations in that they are spinning out of control, destroying everything in their path and will almost certainly eventually hire Tara Reid,” he said.

RelatedStormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than...

Week - Fallout - Week - FBI - Raid

The week was dominated by the continuing fallout of previous week’s FBI raid on Trump’s longtime attorney Michael Cohen. And while no charges have been brought against him yet, there is already one question dominating the news cycle: Will Cohen flip?

“You’ll notice that everyone just skips the question, ‘Does Trump have something to hide?’ and goes straight to ‘Will this guy hide it for him?'” Oliver noted. Which, he said, “make sense, because at this point the only genuinely surprising headline would be “Bombshell: Trump Did Totally Normal And Legal Stuff For 40 Years.”

Trump - Cohen - Lawyers - Jay - Goldberg

Trump insists Cohen won’t flip, but some closest to him, like another of his longtime lawyers Jay Goldberg think otherwise which, Oliver reminded, he had articulated on CNN “in the creepiest way.”

Goldberg said of Cohen, “he’s a a type that I recognized in the past as one not suited to stand up to the rigors of jail life…I think in many ways, and it’s difficult to say this, prison is has a racial overtone. And a person like Michael does not see himself walking down Broadway while people are clamoring, ‘You’re going to be my wife’.”

Statement - Oliver - Donal - Trump - Goldberg

Based on that statement alone, Oliver said he’s not surprised in the least that Donal Trump hired Goldberg as his lawyer. “Because it takes a questionable lawyer to make a prison rape joke. It takes a Donald Trump lawyer to somehow turn that joke racist…He’s essentially implying that Michael Cohen is fine with being sexually...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Deadline
Wake Up To Breaking News!
The American Government, working tireless for everyone, except Americans.