Katie Price's terminally ill mum Amy says she's 'proud' her daughter is running the London Marathon in her honour after a 'rollercoaster' year

Mail Online | 4/21/2018 | Connie Rusk;Joanna Crawley For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/21/13/4B6384A500000578-0-image-a-15_1524314830401.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/12/12/23592444603578266/1024x576_MP4_23592444603578266.mp4

She has vowed to run the London Marathon dressed as a giant lung in honour of her terminally ill mum.

And Katie Price's mother Amy has said she couldn't be 'prouder' of the 39-year-old's ambition to raise awareness for the lung disease IPF by taking part in the gruelling 26 mile run.

Condition - Year - Months - Ride - Family

The 64-year-old, who was diagnosed with the terminal condition last year, said the past few months have been a 'rollercoaster ride' for the family.

'I am so proud of Katie, the last few months have been a rollercoaster ride for my family,' she told The Sun.

Thing - Health - Area - People - Power

'The main thing is that we raise awareness of what is a much-neglected health area, so the people with the power to do something take notice and act- I have a terminal lung condition that took far too long to be diagnosed.

'Everyone who runs the London Marathon does it for their own personal reasons and the journey they've been on, it means something to everyone and for Kate it's about me.'

Katie - Life - Mother

Katie recently admitted she can't contemplate life without her mother.

The Loose Women host will join 40,000 athletes and fellow celebs Rochelle Humes and Gordon Ramsay for the marathon, which she previously completed in 2009 with then husband Peter Andre.

Aid - Charities - Son - Harvey - Year

After running in aid of charities to support her autistic son Harvey in 2009, this year Katie is raising money for the British Lung Foundation while hopes to raise awareness of IPF - which scars sufferer's lungs.

She told the Mirror: 'Running this marathon is important to me. I did that one for Harvey, but Harvey is still alive. My mum is dying. She's going to die of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and none of us knew what it was before.'

Celeb - Star - Amy - Cough

The I'm A Celeb star explained Amy suffered from a dry cough for five...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!