This flawless buttercream cake looks like a coral reef — and it's mesmerizing the internet

Business Insider | 4/20/2018 | Nian Hu, INSIDER
Frost123 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5ada3fac7708e96fc13da308-640-320.jpg

Reddit user Etta Piazzolla went viral when she posted a photo of her buttercream cake with a coral reef-inspired design.

Piazzolla works as a pastry chef at a small local bakery in Wisconsin and told INSIDER she feels "delight and astonishment and validation" after her post went viral.

People - Kinds - Reactions - Cake - Van

People had all kinds of reactions to her cake, with some comparing it to a Van Gogh painting and others comparing it to a moldy petri dish.

Pastry chef Etta Piazzolla recently went viral after sharing a photo of a "buttercream coral reef" cake on Reddit with the simple caption: "I think I nailed it."

Photo - Attention - Hundreds - People - Beautiful

The photo quickly caught the attention of hundreds of people, who complimented its beautiful and unique design. At the time of this post, Piazzolla's coral reef-inspired cake has received over 9,000 upvotes and over 100 comments — an indication that a lot of people out there agree that she "nailed it."

Piazzolla, a 34-year-old mom of six from a small town in Wisconsin, is pleasantly surprised that her cake became an internet sensation.

Cakes - Upvotes - Handful - Pretty - INSIDER

"I'd posted cakes on r/baking before and gotten 50, maybe 80 upvotes and a handful of 'wow, that's pretty's,'" she told INSIDER. "To have this post blow up was wonderful. I felt validated in my skills and my tastes and I felt stunned by all the compliments."

Piazzolla described how she was inspired to create the cake. She said that she was intrigued by other cakes with a "sweet-piled-on-sweet, dynamic, almost chaotic frosting style," and she wanted to design a cake that looked "organic and fun and exciting, but also a little retro and familiar and approachable."

Opportunity - Tips - Tips - 'signature - Cake

She also admitted that she wanted to use this opportunity to try all of her frosting tips. "I usually use only two tips for a 'signature' cake," Piazzolla explained. "This cake, I used eight and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Drove my Ford to the fjord, but the fjord was dry. . .