Police officer tells how he thought he was going to DIE as estate agent high on cocaine attacked him with two kitchen knives after losing his £42,000-a-year job 

Mail Online | 10/1/2017 | Rod Ardehali For Mailonline
ArceusArceus (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/10/15/4B04144400000578-0-image-a-153_1523371714055.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/04/10/1800604361244587445/1024x576_MP4_1800604361244587445.mp4

A police officer has opened up about the terrifying moment a drug-fuelled former estate agent lunged at him with kitchen knives - with only his body armour saving his life.

Gwent Police Constable, Rhydian Jones said he would not be here today if it wasn't for the stab proof vest he was wearing, as Tony Buttigieg repeatedly stabbed him, in October last year.

Buttigieg - £42 - Year - Job - Drink

Buttigieg, 36, who had just lost his £42,800 a year job because of a drink driving arrest, had taken the class A drug before the shocking assault.

Buttigieg was Tasered by officers after he lunged at PC Rhydian Jones with two kitchen knives in the 'repeated and determined attack' at his home in Caerleon, Newport, south Wales.

Bodycam - Footage - Moment - Buttigieg - Knives

Shocking bodycam footage shows the moment Buttigieg thrusted the knives at the stab vest of PC Jones before he was tackled to the ground.

He described how he feared for his life as there were 'at least three or four' impacts from the blades on his vest.

PC - Officer - Force - Decade - Time

The PC, who has been working as an officer in the force for the past decade, said this if the first time he's ever experienced such extreme violence.

'I've dealt with many public order situations, whether that's on a Friday or Saturday night, or when we're executing something like a drug warrant or dealing with a violent person.

Time - Injury - Death - Result

'But this is the first time I've come that close to severe injury or potentially death as a result.'

PC Jones had been called to the block of flats in Caerleon where Buttigieg lived in the early hours of October 2 last year by neighbours who were concerned about his behaviour.

Buttigieg - State - Areas - Block - Doors

Buttigieg was described as being in a 'frantic' state in the communal areas of the block, shouting and banging on doors and talking about people coming to get him and a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A pox on both their houses!