SUSTAINING SPIRITUALLY WITH 2 KIDS UNDER 2 (OR FOR ANY YOUNG MAMA)

Godspacelight | 4/17/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://godspacelight.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/photo-1475004035199-b5d69999005f.jpeg

I’m fresh into motherhood – barely two years in. Yet, we didn’t take things slow and I ended up having two children 15 months apart. A baby flips your world upside down. There is such beauty and joy in motherhood. But any mom you follow on social media, you’ll quickly see how a toddler can turn a room upside down in a split second or get themselves into some sort of mess in a blink of an eye. You’re surprised each day that your daredevils are even alive or didn’t end up in the toilet again coming out with a big grin because someone got to touch poop. We wear our sleep-deprived faces as boldy as possible as we are in a this never ending marathon of sleepless nights. Long days and short years was never more true.

Motherhood. So much depth in that single word.

Friend - Life - Ephraim - Child - Life

A friend had asked me how my devotional life was going sometime after Ephraim, my first child was born. “What devotional life?”, I thought. Then I plummeted into a stairway of guilt, realizing not only my physical tiredness, but my spiritual drain too. How was I to sustain spiritually during this season? I’m a pastor for crying out loud! Shouldn’t that be a given? I was so exhausted and busy that my devotional life was forgotten.

So that question took me into a journey of wrestling with what even a devotional life looks like now as a mother. No longer are there days I can wake early and have a nice, undisturbed, quiet few hours enjoying breakfast, reading scripture and having lengths of time in prayer and meditation. Because even if for some uncanny reason I wake up at 5am to do it, it’s that day of course that someone is screaming 5 minutes later and needs...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Godspacelight
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis
Tagged: