Katie Price reveals her terminally ill mother Amy 'hasn't got long' left to live

Mail Online | 4/17/2018 | MailOnline Reporter
oxboy (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/17/10/4B3E2A8000000578-0-image-a-18_1523956595750.jpg

Katie Price has revealed her terminally ill mother, Amy, 'hasn't got long' left to live.

The former glamour model, 39, admitted her mum, 64, 'could die within a month' because contracting an innocuous cold could have a fatal outcome for the lung condition she is battling, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis.

Amy - IPF - Condition - Scarring - Lungs

Amy was diagnosed with IPF, a rare condition that causes progressive and irreversible scarring of the lungs, in 2017.

Speaking to Now magazine in an emotional interview, Katie shared: 'My mum is dying, it’s that simple. They normally diagnose is three to five years but Mum has already had to change her life.

'She - House - Stairs - Cold - Month

'She’s sold her house because of the stairs. She really struggles with them. But she could get a cold now not get rid of it, and die within month – that’s how bad it is... Either way, she hasn’t got long.'

And while Junior and Princess know about their grandmother's terminal illness, Katie admitted that it's been 'hard' on them but she needs to be strong for the family and added that when Amy 'starts wearing the oxygen mask, it will really hit.'

Awareness - Mum - Condition - Loose - Women

Determined to raise awareness for her mum's condition, the Loose Women panellist, who will be dressed as a giant lung while running the marathon, explained that Amy is trying to not let the condition hold her back as she carries out her bucket list.

Katie added: 'Mum is having the time of her life right now completing her bucket list. It's not a normal situation but she's doing as much as she can. Actually, she's on a cruise right now. I tell her "Good for you Mum, do it all now, because you can't take it with you."'

Katie - Virgin - Money - London - Marathon

Katie was speaking as she prepares to run in the Virgin Money London Marathon on behalf of the British Lung Foundation on...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: