Don’t Sideline the Women in Your Church Plant

The Gospel Coalition | 4/17/2018 | Staff
dorkyrocker (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://s3.amazonaws.com/tgc-web/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/16194732/women-as-cheerleaders-a29.jpg

It was a day I’d been anticipating since the dawn of our new church plant. After years of prayer and preparation, and months of building a team, we were finally starting to feel like we had a church family—a group of people we belonged to and who belonged to us. Today was the first day of community groups. My husband and some of the men on his team had been preparing for months.

“So, what’s the plan for all the kids?” I asked my husband that morning. He looked at me a little surprised and said, “Oh, I hadn’t really thought about that.”

Worlds - Children - Day - Husband - Hand

We had to laugh. We live in two totally different worlds sometimes. For me, I don’t go anywhere without considering my children, because I spend all day with them. My husband, on the other hand, functions most the day only needing to think about where he has to go and what he needs to accomplish.

Church planting has given us many opportunities to recognize how unquestionably different our experience is in the world, but it has also proven how much we need one another.

Women - Church - Plant - Call - Christ

Women are not only helpful to a church plant, they are essential to the call of Christ: to go and make disciples.

When we first began talking and praying about planting a church, the driving force behind our plans was that God had called us to make disciples. Church planting was a way we could heed that call. The decision was made together; we both serve, sacrifice, and invest in our local church in different ways, but to a similar degree and with a unified mission.

Man - World

Man’s World?

And yet, even though we’re both devoted to local church ministry, we haven’t always had the same experience. Church planting has often seemed like a “man’s world.” The resources provided, the training...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Gospel Coalition
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A man rises to the greatness that is expected of him.
Tagged: