THE RED COUCH: SHELOVES BOOK CLUB

SheLoves Magazine | 4/17/2018 | sheloves
EGFZE (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://shelovesmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/erin-thomas-emmanuel-mysterious-3.jpg

We’ve just finished living through the cold season of winter, culminating in the incarnation of spring and with it the reminder that God’s immanent presence renews us and restores us.

At least the arbitrary numbered square on the calendar tells me it is supposed to be spring. The outdoor thermometer reads -26Cº on Easter morning, the first day of April. Sadly it is not an April Fool’s Day joke. After only one and a half hours of sleep, I rally my system, attend Easter services, return home, bundle up, and trek out into the wilderness for a long afternoon snowshoe.

Woods - Alberta - Months - Wildlife - Plants

In the woods of northern Alberta in these harsh winter-and-now-spring months, I see little wildlife (and certainly no greening plants or trees). The bears have not yet emerged for the season, and the only spirit that seems at all present is absence. The hum of spring, summer, and autumn is void, not moving at all over the waters. Any water is frozen and still. Only the wind howls across the landscape, swirling snow and shrieking past barren trees.

And I wonder: Does God hide away from me on purpose?

World - Immanent - God - Ever-Surrounding-Me - Form

In my world where the Immanent God is Ever-Present, Ever-Close, Ever-Faithful, and Ever-Surrounding-Me either in the form of Jesus or in the form of Spirit, does God need to dodge me now and then? Am I so reliant on God’s availability and steadfastness that I am unable to be aware of God’s Mystery?

My whole life, as it was for many of us, I was taught about the need to ask Jesus to come into my heart; to claim the promises of Jesus; to be covered under the blood of Jesus. Without this acceptance of the Immanent God there was no hope for my soul.

Hope

But what if there is hope?

The snow crunches smartly beneath my snowshoes...
(Excerpt) Read more at: SheLoves Magazine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It takes a government, to create a genocide.
Tagged: