Juan Williams To Hannity: Why Didn’t You Disclose Your Relationship With Michael Cohen To Viewers?

Hot Air | 4/16/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://hotair.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/jw.jpg

I know he’s a Democrat, I know Hannity once pulled a gun on him, but I’m still surprised to see a Fox contributor broaching the big ethical criticism of their 9 p.m. guy on their own airwaves before he’s even had a chance to address the situation on his show.

TRENDING:

Williams - Hannity - Relationship - Michael - Cohen

Juan Williams to Hannity: Why didn't you disclose your relationship with Michael Cohen to viewers?

I wonder if Williams freelanced it or if he got the green light from management, which must be highly annoyed by Hannity’s cameo in the news today — assuming he didn’t disclose it to them privately before. Although, if he did disclose it, that would raise a bigger ethical problem. Namely, why’d they let him go on the air without insisting that he tell viewers that he’d gotten legal advice from Cohen?

Then again, maybe they wouldn’t care:

Hannity claimed earlier this afternoon that the legal advice he sought from Cohen was almost exclusively about real estate. Gabriel Sherman of Vanity Fair wonders:

Story - Lot - Reporting - Point - Year

“You know, this is a fast-moving story, so I am going to be doing a lot more reporting but what I have heard so far is that at some point last year Sean Hannity hired Michael Cohen to help defend him against left-wing groups that were calling for boycotts in the wake of Bill O’Reilly’s ouster from Fox News,” Sherman told host Ali Velshi.

Noting that Hannity had come under pressure from left-wing groups — Media Matters, for one, targeted Hannity’s advertisers over the Seth Rich story — Sherman said he was told that Hannity “got paranoid” and hired Cohen to look into those groups.

Investigators - Law - Firms - Privilege - Sherman

“This could be interesting because oftentimes private investigators are hired by law firms because it allows attorney/client privilege to be maintained,” Sherman added. “So there is a scenario in which if they seized Michael...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Hot Air
Wake Up To Breaking News!