Shoot 4K video on the ground and in the sky with the Yuneec Q500 for $350

CNET | 4/16/2018 | Rick Broida
echolea (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet2.cbsistatic.com/img/adRqQ8Nmbo97qEbMxpkIWUD4yyg=/2015/11/12/3191b876-8f23-461b-a0cf-6ce35c23dc2d/yuneec-typhoon-q500-4k-18.jpg

CNET's Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on PCs, phones, gadgets and much more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our FAQ page. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter!

See that belly-cam? It can detach and shoot video on land using an included handheld gimbal!

Story - Video - Event - Michigan - Morning

True story: I'm getting ready to shoot a short video to promote an upcoming road-rally event here in Michigan. This very morning, barely an hour ago, I woke up thinking how cool it would be to incorporate a few aerial shots.

And, then, bam: Like a gift from the heavens, this deal. Today only, and while supplies last, Woot has the refurbished Yuneec Q500 4K Typhoon Quadcopter for $349.99, with free shipping for Amazon Prime members. Once upon a time, this drone sold for $1,300 -- though that price included an aluminum carry-case and spare battery. This bundle includes neither.

First - Things - Refurb - Warranty - Yuneec

First things first: It's a refurb, but you get a full one-year warranty from Yuneec.

Second: This is more than just an aerial camera. The belly-slung 4K orb is removable and can be used to capture ground-based footage. To that end, Yuneec supplies the battery-powered SteadyGrip, a handheld gimbal mount. I've seen similar products designed for use with phones, GoPros and the like. They start at about $100 and rise from there. So it's a substantial value-add.

Drone - Yuneec - Sorry

Third: How do you catch a unique drone? Yuneec up on it. Sorry, had to.

Although the Q500 is a couple years old, it's pretty advanced, offering various autonomous flight modes, a robust remote control (which has a built-in 5.5-inch touchscreen display) and geofencing. The latter is good for beginners worried about the drone flying off into the stratosphere, never to return.

From...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Appeasement - when you're what's for dinner!