Dame Judi Dench is told to stop interfering in Cornish village's dispute over mobile phone masts because locals say the Oscar-winning actress only goes there on holiday

Mail Online | 4/16/2018 | Alex Green For Mailonline
gemini2323 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/15/19/4B31360500000578-0-image-a-20_1523816966437.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/bc/rtmp_uds/1418450360/2015/03/17/1418450360_4116724232001_4116672051001.mp4

Dame Judi Dench has been told to stop interfering in a Cornish village's dispute over mobile phone masts because the actress only goes there on holiday.

Alongside a dozen others, the Oscar-winner lodged objections to the plans for a 15 metre EE mast in the hamlet of Treen, near Zennor, Cornwall.

Dame - Judi - Grounds - 'the - Serenity

Dame Judi objected on the grounds it would disrupt the 'the serenity of the area, those that live here, its wildlife and wonderful natural beauty'.

But Dame Judi's response crew criticism from some locals who said she shouldn't meddle in the affairs of a town she visits rarely.

Property - Cornwall - Coast - Mast - Home

Her property on the north Cornwall coast where the mast in proposed is a second home.

The developing row last night prompted former Tory party chairman Grant Shapps to question whether people should be able to oppose vital infrastructure in places they only visit occasionally.

Telegraph - Parts - Countryside - People - Work

He told The Telegraph: 'Obviously we all want beautiful parts of our countryside to remain special, but for people who live and work in an area with poor mobile connectivity, this can mean being forced to travel to an office rather than working from closer to home.

'So bad reception can add to congestion, environmental damage and inconveniences everyone. It should be for people who actually live in an area to determine what infrastructure is required.'

Jon - Brookes - Council - Zennor - Years

Jon Brookes, 66, has chaired the parish council in Zennor for about 20 years.

He said: 'Dame Judi Dench has a love of this place, her best friend lived in the village and she was here all the time, but it's the view of the local people that counts. It's a difficult one.'

Kathy - Cullen - Secretary - Treen - 'I

Kathy Cullen, 69, a retired secretary from Treen, added: 'I broke my ankle while at the cliffs and couldn't call for help because I didn't have a phone, but I survived.

'Lots of people...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!