Five Myths about Church Signage and Websites

LifeWay Pastors | 4/14/2018 | LifeWay | Pastors
ashb0101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ministrysites/wp-content/uploads/sites/21/2018/03/27124532/excerpt-w-title.jpg

I have consulted with hundreds of churches. One of the most common first steps I take is dealing with myths in churches. And myths about signage and websites are pervasive.

Here are five of them:

Myth - Everyone - Church - Establishments - Street

Myth #1: Everyone knows where our church is. No, they don’t. I have been in retail establishments across the street from a church, and the clerk could not tell me where the church is located. In fact, most of the time, they’ve never heard of the church. I have been in churches in small communities where you assume everyone knows where everything is. They don’t. It is an elitist attitude to assume everyone knows about your church.

Myth #2: Our church is small. We don’t need signs for people to get around. Wrong again. Your guests don’t know where to take their children. Your guests don’t automatically know where guest parking spots are. And your guests really don’t know where the restrooms are. Don’t assume your small size lets you off the hook. It doesn’t.

Myth - Church - Websites - Statement - Course

Myth #3: Church websites are really not that important. Whenever I hear that statement, I am tempted to scream. Of course, I don’t, but the temptation is there. Please hear me clearly and carefully: most guests go to your church website before they ever set foot on your church property. What they find on the website could very well determine if they will be your guests or not. It’s just that important. I’ll address this issue in more detail later in this chapter.

Myth #4: It’s easy to get around in our church. True story. I had a friend over to my home recently. Before he left, he asked to use my bathroom. Of course, I told him it was fine. For a few seconds, he just stood there. Of course, he did not know...
(Excerpt) Read more at: LifeWay Pastors
Wake Up To Breaking News!