Are celebrity fitness DVDs a big FAT lie? As it's revealed Scarlett Moffatt lost three stone with a starvation diet and NOT the fitness regime she sold to fans, the Mail takes a closer look at the other stars who made a fortune out of weight loss

Mail Online | 4/10/2018 | Antonia Hoyle for the Daily Mail
tictac399tictac399 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/09/22/4AFED7BF00000578-0-image-a-71_1523308471359.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2016/10/21/1435474325790344307/1024x576_MP4_1435474325790344307.mp4

The woman smiling from the DVD cover is whippet-thin and wearing a bikini that showcases her lithe torso, tiny waist and toned legs. She’s recently undergone a drastic body metamorphosis, dropping five dress sizes and 3st in the space of a few short months.

And, she says, with just a few minutes of exercise a day, you could do the same — with change from a £10 note to boot.

Lure - Celebrity - Fitness - DVDs - Weight

It is easy to understand the lure of celebrity fitness DVDs to those with weight to lose, but little money to spare for a gym subscription.

Easy, too, to understand why the prospect of making such a DVD appeals to the celebrities in question, many of whom already earn a living exposing swathes of flesh on reality TV. Releasing a workout will boost their profile, help them shed those pesky pounds and earn them a hefty pay cheque.

Reality - Star - Scarlett - Moffatt - Drawbacks

But, as reality star Scarlett Moffatt discovered, there can be drawbacks.

Recently, it was revealed that Scarlett, 27, hadn’t achieved her 3st weight loss through the seven-minute workouts on her SuperSlim Me Plan DVD, but by exercising at a gruelling bootcamp in Switzerland, while reportedly surviving on 700 calories a day — almost half the 1,200 calorie allowance she advises on her DVD.

Scarlett - ITV - Celebrity - Me - Out

Scarlett, who won ITV’s I’m A Celebrity . . . Get Me Out Of Here! in 2016, was said to be exhausted and upset by the draconian regime. And her fitness trainer, David Souter, claimed she is not alone.

Souter, 45, who has trained stars including Geordie Shore’s Vicky Pattison, 30, before they released DVDs, says many go on drastic diets and attend bootcamps to lose the weight agreed in their contracts, before claiming their transformation can be achieved by eating sensibly and doing minimal exercise. ‘There are so many lies,’ he said of the fitness...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!