Singing for Ant? Declan Donnelly leaves fans in TEARS as he performs Everybody Needs Somebody to Love on Saturday Night Takeaway finale as his absent showbiz partner battles divorce woes, addiction and drink driving charges

Mail Online | 4/7/2018 | Connie Rusk For Mailonline
aniki (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/07/21/4AECC85500000578-0-image-a-65_1523133358693.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/04/07/1381750927713810800/1024x576_MP4_1381750927713810800.mp4

He received a standing ovation from fans after he hosted Saturday Night Takeaway for the first time without his embattled side-kick Ant McPartlin last week.

And Declan Donnelly pulled out all the stops for the grande finale as he opened the show singing Everybody Needs Somebody to Love in Orlando Resort, Florida on Saturday.

Viewers - Tears - Presenter - Heart - Stage

Viewers were left in tears as they watched the 42-year-old presenter sing his heart out on stage without Ant by his side, with some suggesting the song and his introduction of The Rembrandts performance of I'll Be There For You were poignant tributes to his co-presenter, as Dec failed to formally address Ant's absence during the finale.

Kicking off the show alongside co-hosts Stephen Mulhern, 41 and Scarlett Moffatt, 27, he said: 'Another rainy day in London, not for us.

'Let - Invites - Finale - Saturday - Nigh

'Let's give the invites out. Welcome to the finale of Saturday Nigh Takeaway 2018.'

The Geordie star then took to the stage, wowing the crowd as he danced alongside Minions and Bart Simpson while belting out the hit.

Star - Theme - Tune - Sitcom - Friends

The star later introduced the theme tune I'll Be There For You from the popular sitcom Friends for the Singalong segment of the show.

The performance proved to be particularly moving for fans of the presenting duo, who memorably used the track to great effect during their days on children’s TV show SMTV.

Song - Choices - Ant - Month - Drink-driving

Many commented on the song choices, questioning whether they were chosen for Ant, who admitted himself to rehab last month after being charged with drink-driving.

Taking to Twitter, one wrote: 'Still crying from Dec saying "I need you" when singing "Everybody Needs Somebody" and also the SMTV Chums reference when the Rembrandts sang He misses Ant sooooo much.'

Head - Dec - Ant - SaturdayNightTakeaway - @

While another said: 'In my head #Dec is singing this for #Ant SaturdayNightTakeaway @antanddec.'

Meanwhile others were left in tears as they...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Measuring his life out one teaspoon at a time.