'Much like you, I have a beautiful wife who was understanding': David Letterman and Jay Z bond over cheating on their wives in Netflix show

Mail Online | 2/12/2017 | Stephanie Haney For Dailymail.com
urbanpatrioturbanpatriot (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/04/07/02/4AE6EA7F00000578-0-image-a-2_1523064089570.jpg

Jay Z and David Letterman bonded over the fact that they had both cheated on their wives, on the comedian's new Netflix show, My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman.

The 48-year-old rapper, whose legal name is Shawn Corey Carter, opened up about not having 'the emotional tools that it takes to keep my family together' in his interview that dropped on Friday.

Jay - Z - Night - Show - Host

'Much like you,' Jay Z told the former late night show host, 'I have a beautiful wife who was understanding and who knew I’m not the worst of what I’ve done.'

The usually tight-lipped performer also talked about other sensitive topics, like the emotional moment his mother came out to him and finally letting go of his anger about his father's abandonment.

Tip-toed - Topic - Experience - Wives - Audience

Letterman tip-toed into the topic of their shared experience in cheating on their wives, by starting off reassuring the audience that both of the men were in fact still married.

'We have here married people with families?' he said, posing it as a question, but meaning it more as a statement of fact.

'Families - Trouble-free

He then added, more declaringly, 'Families, I think it’s safe to say, are pretty much trouble-free.'

After a while, he circled back around to the topic that's been on everyone's minds since the infamous incident where Solange Knowles, Beyonce's sister, was caught on an elevator surveillance camera beating Jay Z at a Met Gala after party in May of 2014.

Thing - Letterman - Waters - Infidelities

'You and I have one other thing in common, and I have to be cautious how I articulate this,' Letterman said, wading in to the murky waters of discussing their infidelities.

'A few years ago, I got myself into some trouble, and the situation was my responsibility and my fault. I did something that I had no business doing, and I regret it, and since then I have tried...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Nie wieder, unelected bureaucrat's running our country