‘The Magicians’ EPs Break Down That Shocking Finale and Tease What’s Next in Season 4

Collider | 4/4/2018 | Adam Chitwood
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/the-magicians-season-3-alice-quentin.jpg

Spoilers for the Season 3 finale of The Magicians follow below. Beware!

If you’re not watching The Magicians, you just missed one of the best and most exciting seasons of TV in recent memory. The show wrapped up its third season in characteristic fashion—and by that I mean it was equal parts weird, moving, and hilarious. Season 3 of this Syfy series began with the promise of a quest, the Quest of the Seven Keys to be exact. The finale delivered the conclusion to that quest, but that was far from the end of the story.

Heroes - Drought - Challenge - Challenge - Difficulty

Our heroes finally turned magic back on after a season-long drought that brought challenge after challenge, but not without some difficulty. Julia sacrificed her power to prevent Alice from meddling in their plan, then the Librarians (plus, in a twist, Dean Fogg) showed up to finish Alice’s job of siphoning magic. Now under the Library’s control, magic will be doled out and rationed in accordance with whoever they deem worthy.

But of course that’s not all. The memories of Quentin, Julia, Eliot, Margo, Kady, Josh, and Penny 23 were wiped entirely, just as the monster guarding Blackspire was let loose. In a coda we see our heroes leading new lives, unaware that they’re magicians, when Eliot—possessed by the monster—shows up and takes aim at Quentin. Roll credits.

Jaw - Floor - Episode - Opportunity - Phone

After I picked my jaw up from the floor when I finished the episode, I had the opportunity to get on the phone with The Magicians showrunners Sera Gamble and John McNamara, who graciously unpacked some of the finale’s big twists and turns. They discussed how these events will impact the characters in Season 4, how they hit upon the idea to wipe the characters’ memories at the end of the season, and how they crafted some of this year’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!
With God all things are possible, but not probable.