Al Pacino & Barry Levinson Talk ‘Paterno,’ ‘The Irishman,’ ‘The Godfather’ & More [Listen]

The Playlist | 3/27/2018 | Alex Arabian
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Al-Pacino-Paterno-HBO.jpg

It’s not like he’s the most elusive person on the planet, but you don’t normally get someone like Al Pacino on a podcast. But in a recent episode of “The Bill Simmons Podcast,” The Ringer got just that: a conversation with two Hollywood legends, Barry Levinson and Pacino, discussing their new HBO film, “Paterno.”

The director/actor pair have worked together twice before 2010’s HBO movie “You Don’t Know Jack” and 2014’s “The Humbling” an indie, as Levinson notes, barely found a release in the U.S. However, when you get two creators such as Levinson and Pacino, you end up talking about a variety of subjects that aren’t necessarily about their collaborative efforts. While there weren’t any monumental bombshells dropped over the course of the discussion, just hearing these two figures talking about their careers is well worth a listen.

Films - Themes - Terms - Actor - Levinson

“For me, you do films, but there’s certain themes that are interesting to you, and in terms of an actor,” Levinson said regarding on why he works so well with Pacino, “there’s a certain kind of courage to what Al will do – that he’ll try something, as opposed to, ‘I don’t know if I should do that.’ He’ll just try and we’ll keep playing around with things, and some things will evolve out of that. Maybe that wasn’t right, but maybe there’s...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It is time to put away the our toys and propaganda we've been taught as children and think for ourselves.