Germaine Greer reveals she heard her close friend being raped by her husband but did nothing to stop the attack

Mail Online | 3/22/2018 | Alisha Rouse Showbusiness Correspondent For The Daily Mail
cyanbyte (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/03/22/00/4A6AC38400000578-0-image-a-44_1521677755301.jpg

Germaine Greer heard a close friend being raped – but did nothing to stop it and suggested she shouldn’t report it.

The outspoken feminist said people ‘take punishment’ in relationships and that reporting a domestic attack could break up families.

Comments - Day - Accusers - Movie - Mogul

Her comments come just a day after she warned that accusers of movie mogul Harvey Weinstein could become ‘career rapees’.

Speaking at a debate about the MeToo movement, the 79-year-old said people were ‘completely confused’ by what sexual assault is, and gave her unnamed friend as an example.

Couple - Home - Kent - Party - Friend

She explained she had been staying at the couple’s home in Kent after a party, and heard her friend protesting against her husband’s advances from the bedroom.

She told the audience in London: ‘I was woken up by shouts. “Get off! Leave me alone! No, no!” And I thought, what do I do? And of course, like most house guests, I did nothing.’

Writer - Incident - Friend

The writer claimed she later discussed the incident with her friend, who told her it happened ‘fairly often’.

‘She said, “was that...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!