Walton Goggins on ‘Tomb Raider’, ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’, and the New ‘L.A. Confidential’ Series

Collider | 3/18/2018 | Christina Radish
Click For Photo: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/tomb-raider-walton-goggins-alicia-vikander.jpg

From director Roar Uthaug (The Wave) and inspired by the 2013 reboot of the video game, the action-adventure flick Tomb Raider follows Lara Croft (Alicia Vikander), the fiercely independent 21-year-old daughter of a father (Dominic West) who vanished seven years prior, leaving her with the desire to forge her own path instead of taking the reins of his global empire. Faced with the very real possibility of learning what happened to him, she sets out on a search for the fabled tomb on a mythical island off the coast of Japan, which was his last-known destination, with the hope that she’ll find answers.

At the film’s Los Angeles press junket, Collider got the opportunity to sit down with actor Walton Goggins (who clearly had a blast playing antagonist Mathias Vogel, a ruthless mercenary assigned the impossible task of uncovering a 2,000-year-old tomb containing the mummified remains of Queen Himiko, also known as the Mother of Death) and talk 1-on-1 about why he wanted to sign on for Tomb Raider, why he was excited about Alicia Vikander playing this iconic character, and never thinking about his characters as good guys or bad guys. He also talked about why he signed on to play Detective Jack Vincennes in the L.A. Confidential TV series for CBS and what he liked about the pilot script, as well as what made him want to be a part of Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Image - Warner - Bros

Image via Warner Bros.

Collider: With Tomb Raider, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and the L.A. Confidential TV series, it seems like a good time to be you.

WALTON - GOGGINS - Time - Boy - Okay

WALTON GOGGINS: I hope so! I think it will always be a good time to be me, as long as I have my little boy. I’m doing okay. Life is all right.

When you read this...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Collider
Wake Up To Breaking News!