'This man clearly was gay': Aaron Hernandez's lawyer says the former NFL star acknowledged his sexuality as his college girlfriend says she found texts from men on his phone and he admitted 'you caught me lol'

Mail Online | 4/19/2017 | Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/03/17/15/4A48233D00000578-0-image-a-11_1521299903832.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/03/16/8413671875269707970/1024x576_MP4_8413671875269707970.mp4

One of Aaron Hernandez's lawyers has described him as being 'clearly gay' and revealed how he struggled against his sexuality before he took his own life.

George Leontire was part of the 27-year-old's defense team during his second murder trial.

Aaron - Hernandez - Uncovered - Docu-series - NFL

In Aaron Hernandez Uncovered, a new docu-series about the disgraced NFL star's life which will air on Saturday night, Leontire, who is gay himself, confirmed that Hernandez was too.

'Aaron and I spoke about his sexuality. This man clearly was gay. [He] acknowledged it. Acknowledged the immense pain that it caused him,' he said in a teaser for the series which was given to TMZ on Friday night.

Leontire - Part - Reason - Prosecutors - Murders

Leontire argued that it was part of the reason prosecutors pinned him for the murders of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado, who had been killed in a drive-by shooting in 2012.

'As a gay lawyer for 37 years, as a gay man who has been married to another man for over 36 years, I found it outrageous that the government would be trying to use someone's sexuality to prop up a case that they had no business bringing in the first place,' Leontire said.

Hernandez - Jail - Killing - Odin - Lloyd

Hernandez was already in jail for the 2013 killing of Odin Lloyd when he was charged with the second murders.

He was acquitted in April, days before he took his own life. No one has been convicted of the two men's killings.

Documentary - Leontire - Hernandez - Sexuality

Speaking in the documentary, Leontire said he believed Hernandez hated himself because of his sexuality and that it was difficult for him to cope with.

'I think that he also came out of a culture that was so negative about gay people that he exhibited some self-hatred.'

Documentary - Confirmation - Anyone - Footballer - Circle

Until the documentary, there has been no confirmation from anyone within the footballer's inner circle that he was indeed gay or bisexual.

DailyMail.com broke the story that he was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Aim and timing is evereything.