Coronation Street SPOILER: 'I feel physically sick': Uncomfortable Viewers are left 'in tears' as David Platt is drugged and raped by villainous Josh

Mail Online | 3/17/2018 | Laura Fox For Mailonline
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/03/16/23/4A444DCA00000578-0-image-a-161_1521243480203.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2018/03/16/4814738644893845403/1024x576_MP4_4814738644893845403.mp4

It has been a much-discussed storyline, with many wondering whether the soap has gone too far.

And many Coronation Street fans found David Platt's sexual assault storyline difficult to watch, as harrowing scenes saw him drugged and led into the bedroom by villainous Josh Tucker.

Twitter - Fans - ITV - Soap - Dark

Rushing to Twitter, fans of the ITV soap felt 'physically sick' after the dark scenes, as the Street favourite had his drink spiked by his so-called friend before the assault took place.

In Friday's double bill, fans saw David head to a bar with Josh after a row with his girlfriend Shona, opening up about his difficult past.

Scene - Josh - David - Back - Viewers

The scene proved chilling as Josh admitted that he always had David's back, with viewers aware of what was to come.

While David was in the toilet, Josh then pulled a vial out of his pocket and poured the contents into his drink, with David downing it none the wiser.

Show - Josh - David - Pair - Drinks

Later in the show we saw Josh bringing David back to his flat before the pair enjoyed more drinks.

As Josh drunkenly tried to kiss David - despite him saying no - he then led the Platt into the bedroom saying: 'Let's go to bed.'

Bed - David - State - Josh - Bed

Throwing him onto the bed, David appeared unable to respond due to his drugged up state, and while Josh looked over the bed a sound could be heard of him undoing his trousers.

As David closed his eyes while lying on the bed, Josh slammed the door leaving viewers to assume what had...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!