Inside the Elton John Post-Grammys Tribute Concert, With Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, SZA and More (Watch)

Variety | 3/13/2018 | Jem Aswad
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/elton-john-grammy-tribute-2018.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

“Elton John: I’m Still Standing — A Grammy Salute” stars Alessia Cara, Miley Cyrus, Kesha, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, John Legend, Little Big Town, Chris Martin, Shawn Mendes, Maren Morris, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith, and SZA, and will air on CBS on April 10 at 9 p.m. ET. The show also features special appearances from John’s co-writer Bernie Taupin, Jon Batiste, Neil Patrick Harris, Christopher Jackson, Anna Kendrick, Gayle King, Lucy Liu, songwriting great Valerie Simpson and Hailee Steinfeld.

The show featured many memorable moments, not all of which are likely to be included in the show. Miley Cyrus kicked things off by beginning “The **** Is Back” from an aisle in the middle of the crowd (we must admit we were transfixed by the sight of Sony/ATV exec Paul Williams clapping along in his seat, right next to Cyrus, as the start of the song). Ed Sheeran sang a lovely, fast-paced, solo version of “Candle in the Wind.” Sam Smith performed a gentle “Daniel” accompanied by John’s longtime guitarist Davey Johnstone on electric guitar, rather than the electric piano familiar from the recorded version. Alessia Cara sang “I Guess That’s Why They Call It the Blues” with characteristic understated grace; Lady Gaga donned some Elton-esque glasses for “Your Song.” Coldplay’s Chris Martin had to re-start “We All Fall in Love Sometimes” twice: once because “I f—ed it up!,” another time because the accompanying string section missed their cue. (He was quite funny about it:...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!