National School Walkout: My Child Won’t Be Intimidated Into Silence

Tanya9 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo:

The most sweeping social changes often are sparked by those who are silenced by society. In fact, true change only seems to come when these voices stand defiantly taller than anyone imagined they could.

It has been nearly 20 years since Columbine, and America’s powerful have done exactly nothing to make that an anomaly of the past. In fact, mass shootings are so common these days that we have grown dangerously desensitized to the reality our country faces. As outraged as we are in the aftermath of any given shooting, it all seems to subside as we are quietly lulled into acceptance.

Group - People - Acceptance - America - Children

Thankfully, there’s one group of people who are no longer willing to sit back in acceptance: America’s children. Tomorrow across the country, students will leave their classrooms and walk out of school in protest over our nation’s powerful refusing to take action on this life-or-death issue of gun violence. The walkout is scheduled to last 17 minutes; one minute for each of the students recently killed at Stoneman Douglass.

Many schools across the nation see this for the valuable educational opportunity that it is, and are openly supporting students who wish to participate. Other schools however, are providing our kids with an equally valuable civics lesson, as they are threatening disciplinary measures against any student who dares participate in this national expression.

Daughter - Freshman - School - School

My daughter is a freshman in high school, and her school is among those...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Official Blog of Benjamin L. Corey
Wake Up To Breaking News!
I love to post, but I never read the article!