Unsettled Christianity

Unsettled Christianity | 3/13/2018 | DageshForte
Pumpkinajn (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://unsettledchristianity.com/wp-content/upLoads/2018/03/haday-632x843.jpg

A friend of mine sent me a copy of Holy Roar by Chris Tomlin and Darren Whitehead. He asked me to write a review of it. My friend is a worship leader and his church has been using Holy Roar as a guide for their worship. My friend did not feel comfortable with the way the book was being used to make claims about Scripture. Those claims were being used to encourage a more participatory worship event. Participatory, in this case, was measured by the number of uplifted hands during the worship music. I’d be willing to bet that Chris Tomlin agrees that this would qualify as a superficial use of a book he co-authored. I’ve never met Chris Tomlin, but that’s what my imagination suspects.

I’m gonna review each of the chapters of Holy Roar, focusing only on the claims made about the Hebrew word that each chapter covers. My specific concern is how Scripture is handled in supporting the views espoused in the book. So, get out a Bible or open up Biblegateway in another window to follow along. We will be doing lots of sword drills.

Word - State - Things - Book

But before we get to the first word, I’m gonna state 3 things I like about this book.

I like that this book gets people interested in the Hebrew Bible. Bible readers often use multiple Bible translations in their Bible study, hoping to catch some nuance into biblical languages. This book serves people who want to know more about biblical languages. I’m glad those people are out there and I hope those people feel encouraged to take their time and learn biblical Hebrew (=BH) for themselves. There are many free resources on the internet to get folks going.

Discussion - Sections - Book - View - Discussion

I like the discussion sections of this book. Rather than laying out a certain view, the discussion...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Unsettled Christianity
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: