Media Can’t Figure Out if Tillerson Proves Or Disproves Their Russia Conspiracy Theory

The Federalist | 3/13/2018 | Mollie Hemingway
my_new_puppy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo:

President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that he let Rex Tillerson go as Secretary of State and nominated CIA Director Mike Pompeo to replace him. And Russia conspiracy theorists are pretty sure this is evidence that Donald Trump is a traitor who colludes with Russia. Or something.

Here’s NBC’s senior political editor:

Paper - Record - Something

The paper of record suggests something nefarious:

Here’s Fusion GPS’ mouthpiece at The Atlantic:

NeverTrump - Contributor - CNN

NeverTrump conservative contributor at CNN:

Yesterday Sec. Tillerson said Russia was responsible for the UK poisoning. Today he is fired.

Mother - Jones - DC - Bureau - Chief

Mother Jones DC bureau chief agrees:

Tillerson says Russia "clearly" involved in poisoning of former Russian spy in UK.

MSNBC - Security - Analyst

MSNBC security analyst:

MSNBC host:

WH - Tillerson - Friday - State - Dept

WH saying Tillerson was informed Friday, but State Dept statement today seems to indicate he just found out today. Which *really* makes one wonder about the role of the Russia statement yesterday.

Vanity Fair contributing editor:

Tillerson - Day - Russia - WMD - Attack

By firing Tillerson one day after he publicly stated that Russia behind a WMD attack on British soil, we now have proof Trump is colluding with Putin. I don’t know if he did in the election. But he is doing it NOW in front of our eyes. He is Kremlin-owned.

Amy Siskind:

NeverTrump - Media

NeverTrump’s chief social media activist:

I guess you could say Trump chose Putin over Tillerson.

ABC - Correspondent

ABC’s chief foreign correspondent:

Tillerson stood by the Brits 100 pecent against Russia. That's why he got fired–because Trump won't.

Idea - Trump - Tillerson - Tillerson - Russia

The idea that Trump fired Tillerson because he was upset at Tillerson being too tough on Russia is delusional. Tillerson rather famously disagreed with Trump on Jerusalem, Qatar, North Korea, and Iran. Trump said earlier today, in fact, “When you look at the Iran deal, I think it’s terrible.” Tillerson, he said, thought “it was okay. I wanted to either break it or do something, and he felt a little bit differently. So we were not really thinking the same.”

Even Saturday Night Live is making fun...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Federalist
Wake Up To Breaking News!