How much sleep do you need?

@djchuang | 3/13/2018 | Staff
maye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo:

If there’s a difference between how many hours you sleep versus how many hours you need to sleep, that’s called sleep deprivation. Many of us have learned how to live with less than optimal sleep because of the demands of life.

The sure way to know how much sleep you need is to sleep until you naturally wake without using an alarm clock. I heard that years ago from an old friend.

Schedule - Hygiene - Average - Hours - Night

I’ve recently had to recalibrate my sleep schedule, also known as sleep hygiene. On average, I’m needing and getting 9 hours of sleep per night. That means I have to do the math based on the time I need to wake up, and get to sleep at the corresponding right time.

But, as it is with my work schedule that occasionally involves travel that crosses time zones, there are nights when I don’t get my optimal hours of sleep. What I’ve wound up doing is to make up for sleep deficit by sleeping extra hours when I do return home to my own bed. That seems to help.

Sleep - Solution - Reasons - People - Sleep

Do you know why you’re not getting enough sleep? When you know the why, you can work on finding a solution. Here’s some more reasons for why people are losing sleep, based on research.

Why are we so sleep deprived, and why does it matter?

Americans - Sleep - Men - Hours - Sleep

As many as 70 million Americans may not be getting enough sleep. Men get fewer hours of sleep than women.

As we prepare to “spring forward” for daylight saving time on March 11, many of us dread the loss of the hour’s sleep we incur by moving our clocks forward. For millions, the loss will be an added insult to the inadequate sleep they experience on a daily basis.

Surveys - Percent - American - Adults - Minimum

Surveys show that 40 percent of American adults get less than the nightly minimum...
(Excerpt) Read more at: @djchuang
Wake Up To Breaking News!