Moulton: Clinton’s Remarks About ‘Backwards’ Trump Voters Don’t Help the Democratic Party

Washington Free Beacon | 3/13/2018 | David Rutz
melanie7 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://freebeacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Screen-Shot-2018-03-13-at-7.25.34-AM-e1520940358302.png

BY: David Rutz

Rep. Seth Moulton (D., Mass.) said Tuesday that Hillary Clinton's recent inflammatory remarks about Donald Trump voters weren't helpful for the Democratic Party trying to win back swing districts across the country.

India - Weekend - Clinton - Reasons - Defeat

Speaking in India last weekend, Clinton again addressed what she viewed to be the reasons for her defeat at the hands of Trump in 2016, this time hitting Trump's "backwards campaign" and blasting the states of Middle America for not being "optimistic" and "diverse" like the coastal states she carried:

"If you look at the map of the United States, there's all that red in the middle where Trump won. I win the coasts," Clinton said. "I win Illinois, Minnesota, places like that, but what the map doesn't show you is that I won the places that represent two-thirds of America's gross domestic product, so I won the places that are optimistic, diverse, dynamic, moving forward, and his whole campaign ‘Make America Great Again,' was looking backwards."

Clinton - Trump - Campaign - Supporters - People

Clinton then said that Trump's campaign was about supporters not wanting black people to have rights, women getting jobs, and Indian-Americans being more successful than white Americans.

Axios CEO Jim VandeHei brought up the comments at the conclusion of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Washington Free Beacon
Wake Up To Breaking News!