O.J. Simpson Lays Out Motive and Describes The Crime Scene In Fox Confessional: ‘I Had Never Seen So Much Blood’

IndieWire | 3/11/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://www.indiewire.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/screen-shot-2018-03-11-at-11-07-22-am-e1520791759113.png

O.J. Simpson won’t ever be charged again for killing Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman. Double jeopardy rules would prevent that, as the former football star was famously acquitted of the murders in 1995. But in Sunday night’s Fox special “O.J. Simpson: The Lost Confession?,” he makes a pretty solid case for why he ought to be behind bars.

The story of the Brown Simpson and Goldman murders has been fairly well covered through the years, including the recent FX series “The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story” and ESPN’s doc “O.J.: Made in America.” But “The Lost Confession” digs deep into Simpson’s take on his tumultuous relationship with his ex-wife — and along the way, provides a stunning case for motive, something that a prosecution team could easily use if they were able to try him once again for murder.

Thing - Murderer - Batterer - Simpson - Interview

“The one thing that concerns me, other than me being considered a murderer, is being considered a batterer,” Simpson says in the interview, which was conducted in 2006. “I wish some things I could have done differently.”

Simpson was interviewed back them by publisher and TV/film producer Judith Regan, whose HarperCollins imprint was set to publish Simpson’s “hypothetical” confessional book “If I Did It.” Simpson was set to earn $3.5 million for the book, and he explained then that was his motive in “confessing.”

Years - Kids - Pension - Money - NFL

“[I’ve spent] 10 years raising kids on my pension money,” he said. “This is not the NFL pension money. It barely paid my kids’ high school money. Part of it is financial. Part of it in reading back was almost cathartic for me. I really want to tell people what was going on in my relationship with Nicole leading to that night.”

Ultimately, outcry over Simpson being paid for the book led to Regan being fired by News Corp....
(Excerpt) Read more at: IndieWire
Wake Up To Breaking News!