Mindy Kaling dons strapless b&w-print dress and recalls when she was 'a shy, chubby, book-reading kid' on GMA

Mail Online | 3/9/2018 | Cassie Carpenter For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/03/09/17/4A0AD64F00000578-0-image-a-48_1520617205891.jpg

Click For Video: http://video.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2017/11/20/6510473376777812433/1024x576_MP4_6510473376777812433.mp4

Mindy Kaling donned a strapless b&w-print dress to promote her movie A Wrinkle In Time on Friday's episode of Good Morning America.

When host George Stephanopoulos gave the 38-year-old new mother a pink GMA onesie for her nearly three-month-old daughter Katherine Swati, she gushed: 'That's so good, thank you, she will love this!'

Nothing - Bookcase - Children - Books - Katherine

But it was nothing like the hand-crafted, castle-shaped bookcase filled with 100 classic children's books engraved "Katherine's Book Club" that Kaling received from her castmate Oprah Winfrey.

'I thought it was just going to be flowers,' the six-time Emmy nominee recalled.

Assistant - Truck - Delivery - Guys - House

'And my assistant says, "No, I don't think you understand. A U-Haul truck is going to come and two [delivery] guys are coming into the house." It was amazing. It was incredible.'

Mindy (born Vera Chokalingam) - who's keeping the identity of her babydaddy secret - has only shown glimpses of her newborn princess' golden-winged Jeremy Scott stroller and Adidas Originals outfit.

Massachusetts-born - Funnywoman - Shakespeare-quoting - Mrs - Who

The Massachusetts-born funnywoman portrays the multi-lingual, Shakespeare-quoting Mrs. Who in Disney's newest sci-fi fantasy, which hits US theaters Friday and UK theaters March 23.

'The adaptation is very different than the book, but the spirit is kept alive,' the Dartmouth College grad explained.

'It - Journey - Girl - Self-esteem - Father

'It's an incredible journey of a girl who has low self-esteem, and her father leaving her and she has to save her family and she goes on a science fiction adventure.'

Kaling recalled how she embraced sci-fi novels growing up 'a little shy, chubby, book-reading kid.'

Imagination - Fiction - Books

'I had such a great imagination, but largely science fiction books ignore you if you are,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!