These 2 Photographers Never Met, But They Took the Exact Same Photo

Live Science | 3/9/2018 | Staff
fufu-fefefufu-fefe (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://img.purch.com/h/1000/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5OC83MzYvb3JpZ2luYWwvRXJpY19Sb25fc2lkZWJ5c2lkZS0wMS5qcGc=?&imgtype=.jpg

Two photographers captured photographs so much like one another that a stranger thought one of them was stolen.

Ron Risman, writing for the photography news site PetaPixel, said he went to Great Island Commons in New Castle, New Hampshire, to capture waves crashing against the Whaleback Lighthouse (pictured above). Risman, shooting with a tripod and long 150-600mm lens next to a tree, never noticed another photographer nearby. And Eric Gendron, a photographer just under a hundred feet away, also shooting the lighthouse, apparently never noticed Risman.

Weird - Science - News - Week - Mountain-climbers

What's weird in science news this week? Mountain-climbers' poop disposal, a parking lot tardigrade, and screeching caterpillars.

I've done some photography work. And when at sports or news events, I've sometimes found myself shooting right next to rows of other photographers shooting at the exact same moments: a receiver leaping to snag a ball out of the air, a politician gesturing during a speech, a couple placing wedding rings on one another's fingers. But I've never seen two shots that looked exactly alike.

Shoot - Scene - Mode - Photos - Fraction

Shoot a moving scene in burst mode, and you'll see that photos taken just a fraction of a second apart look wildly different from one another.

There are just too many choices involved in photography for photos to repeat themselves. At the lighthouse, either photographer could have shifted his lenses so the tower was on the left of the picture or on the right. One might have included more of the sea, another more of the sky. Or they might not...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Live Science
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Do you exist for Something or Nothing?