Dick's will stop selling assault rifles in wake of Florida school shooting — and some customers are already threatening to boycott

Business Insider | 2/28/2018 | Kate Taylor
duck.ie (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5a96b09daae6055d008b4698-750-375.jpg

Dick's Sporting Goods changed its policies to stop selling assault-style firearms and no longer selling guns to shoppers under the age of 21.

The retailer is already seeing backlash and boycott threats from some customers.

Customers - Left - Companies - Ties - NRA

Customers on the left and right have already threatened to boycott companies with ties to the NRA and brands that cut ties with the guns-rights group.

Dick's Sporting Goods will no longer sell assault-style weapons and stop selling guns to people under the age of 21, the company's CEO Ed Stack announced Wednesday morning.

Company - Sports - Retailers - US - Backlash

The company, which is one of the largest sports retailers in the US, is already facing backlash for its new policies.

While many comments on Dick's letter to customers, posted on the retailer's Facebook page, applauded the decision, others criticized the chain.

Business - Commenter

"You just lost my business," one commenter wrote.

"See ya," wrote another. "Who wants my gift card."

Money

"Just lost my money," wrote a third.

The Parkland, Florida shooting that killed 17 people at a high school has sparked a national debate on gun control.

Delta - United - Airlines - Hertz - MetLife

Delta, United Airlines, Hertz, and MetLife...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!