Ripples of Faithfulness: Remembering Billy Graham

Click For Photo: http://www.christianitytoday.com/images/35842.png?w=630

This week, many of us will be sharing tributes regarding Rev. Billy Graham. A few years ago, I gathered a few such tributes in light of what we all knew would happen—Graham’s homecoming.

Here is such a tribute from Dr. Greg MaGee, Associate Professor of Biblical Studies at Taylor University in Upland, Indiana.

View - John - Perkins - Reflection - View

View John Perkins’ reflection here. View John C. Richards, Jr. reflection here. View my reflection here.

I thank God for Billy Graham. Graham invited me to take the plunge into life with Jesus, and his example of trust and integrity in ministry continued to inspire me as a campus minister and professor. Throughout my life, Graham has stood at the center of the stage in the evangelical world. I will feel the void now that he is gone.

Grade - Father - Billy - Graham - Crusade

When I was in sixth grade, my father took me to a Billy Graham Crusade in Houston. I remember Graham's sincerity, his earnestness, and his clear message that night. With conviction, Graham presented Jesus and his death on the cross as the only solution to a life marked by sin and a world filled with problems.

On the fifth or sixth stanza of a classic altar-call hymn (I think it was either "Just As I Am" or "Have Thine Own Way, Lord"), I nudged my dad and asked him to walk down with me from the upper deck to the field of Rice University's stadium so that I could proclaim my faith in Jesus.

Graham - Confidence - Bible - Impression

Graham's confidence in the Bible made an especially deep impression on me.

It was obvious to me that evening that Graham was a gifted and compelling speaker. And at that time in my life, I had been pondering making a profession of faith in Christ. But I believe that what happened in my life that night was neither inevitable nor manipulated.

Graham

Graham was...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Exchange | A Blog by Ed Stetzer
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: