Would You Be Mad at God If He Saved Everyone?

Roger E. Olson | 2/22/2018 | Staff
baileyboo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://wp.production.patheos.com/blogs/rogereolson/files/2017/01/photo-1472162072942-cd5147eb3902_opt.jpg

Would You Be Mad at God if He Saved Everyone?

Another way of getting at the same thing is to pose this question: “What if, somehow, by some means, you became convinced that God will, eventually, save all people? Would you be angry at God and would you drop evangelism?”

Point - Question - Temperature - Person - Christianity

What’s the point of the question? Well, it is to measure the actual “temperature” of a person’s Christianity.

Over the years I have posed this question to many Christians. Usually the context is a theology class in a college, university, seminary or church. The question of universal salvation comes up. I see it as a “teachable moment” and pop the question.

Answer - God - Answer - Everyone

All too often the answer has been “Yes, I’d be mad at God; and yes, I would drop evangelism.” When I ask why the usual answer is “Because of all I’ve given up to be a Christian and if everyone is going to be saved anyway, why evangelize?”

If this is the answer you would give, get ready to be convicted….

Christians - Christian - Deal - God - God

Too many Christians think of being Christian as having a “deal with God.” “God, I admit I’m a sinner and I accept forgiveness through my faith in Jesus Christ. Thank you. Now I’ll give up pleasure and serve you because I owe it to you.” The result is a “Christian life” of dull drudgery.

The Christianity I grew up in, was saved in, and still embrace, is a life of love, joy, peace and fulfillment, not one of mere duty or grudging obedience. I didn’t give up anything worthwhile to become a Christian!

Schooler - Students - Sex - Alcohol - Drug

I can honestly say that when I was a high schooler and my fellow students talked about their sex, alcohol and drug parties I never once felt an ounce of envy. I knew they were miserable; it was I who had joy in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Roger E. Olson
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: