Mark Cuban under fire following exposé alleging rampant sexual misconduct in Dallas Mavericks workplace

Fox News | 2/22/2018 | Kathleen Joyce
hey13 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo:

NBA owner responds after expose alleges rampant sexual misconduct at NBA team's workplace.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said allegations of rampant sexual misconduct at the team's workplace were "abhorrent," as the entrepreneur and his NBA franchise come under increased scrutiny after Sports Illustrated's explosive exposé.

Cuban - SI - Reports

Cuban told SI the reports were “all new to me."

“The only awareness I have is because I heard you guys were looking into some things," Cuban said. "...Based off of what I’ve read here, we just fired our HR person. I don’t have any tolerance for what I’ve read."

Cuban - Accusations - Failure - Issues - Team

Cuban said he had not been previously told about any of the accusations and blamed the failure to address the issues on the team's human resources director.

“It’s wrong. It’s abhorrent. It’s not a situation we condone. I can’t tell you how many times, particularly since all this [#MeToo] stuff has been coming out recently I asked our HR director, ‘Do we have a problem? Do we have any issues I have to be aware of?’ And the answer was 'No,'” Cuban said.

SI - Article - Tuesday - Behavior - Office

The SI article published Tuesday alleged misogynistic behavior by several male front office employees -- including ex-Mavericks’ CEO and president Terdema Ussery.

“It was a real life ‘Animal House,’” a former employee told SI. “And I only say ‘was’ because I’m not there anymore. I’m sure it’s still going on.”

Cuban - Claims - Knowledge - Workplace - Culture

Despite Cuban’s claims he had no knowledge of the “corrosive workplace culture of the Dallas Mavericks,” a few employees told Sports Illustrated the owner knew but turned a blind eye.

“Of course Mark knew [about the instances of harassment and assault]. Everyone knew,” one employee said.

Woman - Harassment - Mavericks - Workplace - Cuban

One woman, who alleged she endured sexual harassment while working in the Mavericks workplace, said she believed Cuban “turned a blind eye” because the revenue continued to roll in while Ussery worked with the team.

(Excerpt) Read more at: Fox News
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Economic projections are useless with out the exact timer they will occur