Jenelle Evans' Teen Mom 2 Costar Leah Messer Reacts to David Eason's Alleged Homophobic Comments

PEOPLE.com | 2/21/2018 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/jenelle-evans-david.jpg?crop=0px,0px,2000px,1050px&resize=1200,630

Teen Mom 2‘s Leah Messer is speaking out about costar Jenelle Evans‘ husband David Eason getting fired from the MTV show for allegedly posting a series of homophobic tweets.

“I am disgusted by the recent statements made by David Eason and support MTV’s decision to fire him 100%,” Messer tells PEOPLE.

Ignorance - Kind - Solidarity - Friends - Family

“This ignorance cannot be tolerated and I refuse to be associated with hatred of any kind. I stand in solidarity with my friends and family in the LGBTQ community and applaud MTV for their quick and decisive action,” the mother of three states.

Teen Mom fans took to social media on Monday to protest Eason’s involvement with the show after he allegedly referred to gay and transgender people as “abominations.”

Network - Decision - Eason - Contract - Statement

The network defended their decision to terminate Eason’s contract in a statement to PEOPLE on Tuesday.

“David Eason’s personal comments do not reflect the views of MTV. With six weeks left of production on Teen Mom 2, effective immediately, we are ending our relationship with him,” MTV said.

Wednesday - Briana - DeJesus - Statement - Eason

Also on Wednesday, Briana DeJesus released a statement about Eason, sharing a selfie of her and Evans on Twitter.

“It’s a sensitive topic … I am Jenelle’s friend and I’m here to support her by any means necessary,” DeJesus told Blasting News. “I think it’s unfortunate that it had to come down to this but people make mistakes and we can only learn from them. Love is love at the end of the day. Doesn’t matter what preferences you have or ur skin color. We should all be treated equally.”

People - Views - Mine - People - Mistakes

She added: “Some people may not have the same views as mine but like I said people make mistakes. I wish David the best. I think now it has opened my eyes that we really are in the public eye and our voices will be heard good or bad....
(Excerpt) Read more at: PEOPLE.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
With God all things are possible, but not probable.