Ex-Google engineer's lawsuit says liberal views got him fired

CNET | 2/21/2018 | Richard Nieva
boti (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cnet1.cbsistatic.com/img/RxLnfktO7TpzbmgzdbtYo23pLK0=/670x503/2016/06/30/64a33873-4ff2-469d-bbbf-9597c7d83e9f/google-hq-sede-mountain-view.jpg

Another fired Google employee is suing the company.

Google has another lawsuit related to diversity on its hands.

Search - Giant - Discrimination - Harassment - Retaliation

The search giant is being sued for discrimination, harassment, retaliation and wrongful termination by a fired engineer named Tim Chevalier. The complaint was filed Wednesday in San Francisco County Superior Court.

The lawsuit was reported earlier by Gizmodo.

Suit - Heels - Suit - Month - James

The suit comes on the heels of a suit filed last month by James Damore, a Google engineer who was fired after circulating a now infamous 33,000-word memo about diversity at the company. The lawsuit claimed Google discriminates against white men and conservatives.

In the lawsuit filed Wednesday, Chevalier, who is disabled and transgender, said Google fired him because of posts related to diversity he made on Google's internal messaging forums, as well as its Google+ social network. The lawsuit says Chevalier posted content on the forums that pushed back against online bullying directed toward people of color and those in the LGBT community. One post in question criticized Damore's memo, calling it "misogynistic."

Irony - Google - Networking - Posts - Bias

"It is a cruel irony that Google attempted to justify firing me by claiming that my social networking posts showed bias against my harassers," Chevalier said in a statement. "The anti-discrimination laws are meant to protect marginalized and underrepresented groups -- not those who attack them."

The suit comes as Google grapples with controversies regarding diversity, race and gender. Damore's memo, which became public last August, argued that a gender gap exists not because...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CNET
Wake Up To Breaking News!