Billy Graham’s new home, by Franklin Graham

Religion News Service | 6/26/2005 | Franklin Graham
TwiztedGurl (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://religionnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/thumbRNSGRAHAMFUTURE3.jpg

(USA Today) — My father has joined my mother in heaven. He went to sleep in his home in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina and woke up in the arms of Jesus. While many around the world mourn his physical death, he is now celebrating the eternal life he spent over 70 years telling millions of people about.

In the summer of 2005, he preached his final series of public messages to more than a quarter of a million people in New York City over three days. It would be his final live evangelistic crusade. That same year, a Gallup poll revealed that one in six American adults — 35 million — had heard Billy Graham preach in person.

People - Crusades - Simulcasts - Rallies - Father

Since 1947, some 215 million people at more than 400 crusades, simulcasts and evangelistic rallies heard my father tell them, “The Bible says, ‘For God so loved the world that He gave his only Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life’ ” (John 3:16). Today, he is experiencing what he devoted a lifetime to telling others they could experience if they placed their trust in Jesus Christ.

During that final crusade in New York, he spoke with a national magazine about death. “Do I fear death? No. I look forward to death, with great anticipation. I am looking forward to seeing God face to face. And that could happen any day” (Newsweek, July 4, 2005).

Day - Mother - Comfort

Well, that day has come, and while I miss him (and my mother) dearly, I take great comfort in knowing I will see him again.

The man the world knew as Billy Graham was always “Daddy” to me. I was well into my teens before I fully comprehended that my father had a household name and a worldwide ministry. He was home a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Religion News Service
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction
Tagged: