Why You May Point and Laugh at Jill Abramson's War on Clarence Thomas

NewsBusters | 2/19/2018 | Staff
moemajor (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.newsbusters.org/images/abramson-msnbc.jpg

Former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson is going on another Nineties Revisionism Tour of the Hill-Thomas debates in New York magazine, calling for Clarence Thomas to be impeached over unproven sexual harassment allegations. It feels like the journalistic equivalent of Cher's latest "Farewell Tour." Here's how you may quickly evaluate whether Abramson is in any way qualified to judge the character of public officials, as opposed to just carrying water for the Left:

A Nexis search of The New York Times over the last 20 years for "Jill Abramson" and "Juanita Broaddrick" turned up ZERO entries. Abramson was a top dog at the Times until 2014. She literally didn't think Broaddrick's charges of rape were worth her time.

Campaign - Cycle - Abramson - Articles - Newspaper

In the 2016 campaign cycle, Abramson wrote silly articles for the British leftist newspaper The Guardian, including an unintentionally hilarious one insisting Hillary Clinton was "fundamentally honest." She wrote "I would be 'dead rich' to adapt an infamous Clinton phrase, if I could bill for all the hours I’ve spent covering just about every 'scandal' that has enveloped the Clintons."

As if every scandal deserved quote marks.

October - Column - Abramson - Broaddrick - Bill

In an October 2016 column, Abramson dismissed Broaddrick and other Bill Clinton accusers as a "Soviet show trial." Uncorking decades-old allegations -- in response to an 11-year-old Access Hollywood clip -- was contemptible when the conservatives did it.

The Abramson article's headline was “Trump has tried to distract attention from his misogyny by throwing the spotlight on Jones, Willey and Broaddrick. It’s a dishonest and devious tactic.” The Clintons aren't dishonest for denying Bill's sexual harassment and rape. It’s “dishonest” because Hillary is never responsible for what Bill did.

Guardian - Paula - Jones - Kathleen - Willey

“I’ve previously reported in the Guardian that Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey and Juanita Broaddrick were cheerleaders for Trump long before their canned, pre-debate endorsements of him,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: NewsBusters
Wake Up To Breaking News!