Sleepless Nights For Kramer After 10km Failure

www.oann.com | 2/15/2018 | Staff
tictac399 (Posted by) Level 3
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea (Reuters) – Dutch speed skater Sven Kramer is still having sleepless nights over his failure in the Olympic 10,000 meters race but is trying to take consolation from his record-breaking 5,000 performance.

The 31-year-old became the first male speed skater to get a third consecutive Olympic gold medal in the same event in the 5,000m but a maiden 10,000 title again proved elusive.

Core - Course - Nights - Kramer - Dutch

“It has affected me to my core and I am struggling to deal with it and, of course, it is keeping me up at nights,” Kramer told Dutch television at the Games.

“I am trying to put things in perspective and trying to enjoy what I have achieved. I had difficulty doing that in the past but I think I’m doing it better now.”

Kramer - Set - Grandstand - Triumph - Gangneung

Kramer was all set for a grandstand triumph in the 10,000m as he went last in Gangneung but never found his rhythm to finish sixth and continue a personal curse in the event.

Eight years ago in Vancouver, Kramer crossed the line first but was disqualified for choosing the wrong lane and he had to settle for silver in Sochi four years ago after finishing behind team...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!