Figure Skating: Wardrobe Malfunction Affects Ice Dancers

www.oann.com | 2/19/2018 | Staff
DebraS (Posted by) Level 3
GANGNEUNG, South Korea (Reuters) – French ice dancer Gabriella Papadakis on Monday was hit by a wardrobe malfunction in her costume at the start of her Olympic short dance program that threatened to bring the whole thing down.

As Papadakis and partner Guillaume Cizeron began their scorching Latin routine to Ed Sheeran music, the clasp holding her green-and-gold sequined dress together came undone.

Nightmare - Olympics - Papadakis - Reporters

“My worst nightmare happened at the Olympics, I felt it right away and I prayed, it was all I could do,” Papadakis told reporters.

Though the two managed to complete their routine, it was obvious that Papadakis was struggling to keep her dress up, while Cizeron also did his best to ensure it did not slip further.

Wardrobe - Malfunction - Cizeron - Program - Points

“It was hard to stay concentrated after the wardrobe malfunction we suffered,” Cizeron tweeted, though they still managed to finish their program less than two points behind leaders Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada.

Fellow skaters immediately chimed in with sympathy.

Devastating… - Malfunction - Disturbance - Meagan - Duhamel

“Devastating…. a costume malfunction can be such a disturbance mentally,” Meagan Duhamel, who...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.oann.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!