Homeland Recap: Computer Blues

TVLine | 2/18/2018 | Dave Nemetz
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/homeland-season-7-episode-2-carrie-laptop.jpg?w=1024

Need to catch up? Check out our previous Homeland recap here.

Allow me to suggest an alternate title for this week’s Homeland: “Carrie, What the @%&#$*! Are You Doing???”

Carrie - Meets - Therapist - Turmoil - Life

Carrie meets with a therapist to talk about the latest turmoil in her life — and there it is, our first Peter Quinn mention of the season. A clearly emotional Carrie remembers her late friend, saying, “He would’ve understood what I’m doing. He never let me down.” She’s adamant that Keane needs to be taken down, and that she’s taking her meds every day. But the therapist points out she’s taking lithium, and that can become ineffective if you take it for years. (Uh-oh.) That gives Carrie pause… but it doesn’t stop her from logging into Wellington’s surveillance cams again, where she sees an unidentified woman enter his home and leave a note.

She takes a screengrab of the woman’s face and tries to get her source Dante to identify her, but he hangs up on her. So she (stupidly) logs onto the notorious troll haven 4chan and posts the screengrab on an anti-Keane message board, asking if anyone recognizes her. One commenter claims to know, and sends Carrie a JPEG. She (stupidly, stupidly) downloads it, and… bam! Her laptop is now infected with ransomware, locking her out of her computer unless she pays five thousand dollars. Why, Carrie, why? Doesn’t the CIA train their agents not to click on unverified links?

RELATEDHomeland - Season - Premiere - Recap - Brunette

RELATEDHomeland Season 7 Premiere Recap: Brunette Ambition — Grade It!

Carrie starts to panic: She’s broke, so she can’t afford the five grand, and her laptop has the very illegal Wellington spy cams on it, so she can’t go to the cops. She calls in Max to help, but even he can’t fix it — and the hacker, listening in to their conversation via...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Does it ever seem that life has become one long rerun?