The Darker Side of Small Group

Desiring God | 2/17/2018 | Greg Morse
EGFZE (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://dg.imgix.net/the-darker-side-of-small-group-nygj4bs0-en/landscape/the-darker-side-of-small-group-nygj4bs0-dbb8daca3653391930cd4b410e1ad0c3.jpg?ts=1518796050&ixlib=rails-2.1.4&w=800&h=450&auto=format,compress&fit=min

I admit to modest expectations for your success, but the clumsy suggestions from your last letter have astounded even me. You’re on the brink of getting your man to leave his small group? Honestly, if I were not your uncle, I would demote you to a desk job at headquarters. If you want to forgo a life of disrupting the humans’ wifi signals, jamming their printers, and haunting the autocorrect on their text messages, then you must think more like a demon and less like the prey.

They, not we, assume that all small groups injure our cause, and thus that we must hate every last one of them. But what I assumed was apparent from our last discussion you seem to have missed completely. Nephew, we love your patient’s small group. In fact, one of the safest places in all the world to hide dead souls — and contaminate the living — is in such a cohort.

Point - Man - Regiments - Company - Soldiers

Now, don’t mishear me on this point. Keep your man as far away from all active regiments as possible. But this particular company of soldiers cannot march in straight lines or tighten up their boots properly — let alone load their rifles or fire pistols. Most are scarecrows, unanimated men and women who rather dislike spiritual exertion. Their weapons are too heavy, the armor of God too cumbersome — they pick dandelions on the field of battle. And believe it, Globdrop, their religious dizziness did not happen by accident.

At long last, we are reaping the harvest of what we sowed in corruption many years ago. We call it the A-bomb. It is an idea, a great Assumption really. The Assumption, simply put, is that everyone who believes themselves to be Christian is, in fact, so. To prevent any further confusion, let me explain.

Take a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Desiring God
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It takes a government, to create a genocide.
Tagged: