On Law Enforcement, Sheriffs Rate Trump’s First Year an ‘A-Plus’

The Daily Signal | 2/14/2018 | Staff
Traight (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://dailysignal.com/wp-content/uploads/Sheriffs-WH.jpg

For Clark County, Georgia, Sheriff Ira Edwards Jr., the danger sanctuary cities pose to communities became overwhelmingly clear during a recent conversation he had with a federal judge.

“You delivered. The National Sheriffs’ Association gives your first year an A-plus for law enforcement issues,” @NationalSheriff says.

Training - Conference - Week - Magistrate - Judge

“I was very, very surprised when I was in a training [conference] this past week, and there was a federal magistrate judge that told us she had sentenced a person over 25 times, and that person has come back into our country,” Edwards told The Daily Signal.

“My concern is, as a sheriff, if we are going to secure our homeland, it is going to be imperative that we build some type of border to prevent those that would do harm within our community, within our homeland,” Edwards said.

Edwards - Member - Board - Directors - National

Edwards, a member of the board of directors for the National Sheriffs’ Association, along with other sheriffs from across the country, met Tuesday with President Donald Trump and White House officials to discuss illegal immigration, the opioid addiction crisis, and the transfer of excess military equipment for local law enforcement.

“Sanctuary city” is the term commonly used to describe jurisdictions that refuse to cooperate fully with federal immigration enforcement officials. The Justice Department has sought to penalize those jurisdictions by withholding certain federal law enforcement grants from them.

Sheriffs - Decision - City - Law - Affects

The sheriffs noted the political decision of a city to defy federal law affects nearby localities.

“When we have the sanctuary cities, that is going to be a breeding ground for those who come back that are undocumented, coming back into our community. That is why I am kind of concerned,” Edwards said in response to a question from The Daily Signal as the sheriffs took queries from a small group of reporters after the meeting with the president.

“What we are saying is, we...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Daily Signal
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.