American Figure Skater Makes History With Stunning Routine

Conservative Tribune | 2/14/2018 | Ben Marquis
darkkazune (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://conservativetribune.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/U.S.-figure-skater-Mirai-Nagasu.jpg

The United States Olympic team already made a bit of history in the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics with a gold medal-winning run by 17-year-old snowboarder Red Gerard, who became the first U.S. Olympic athlete born after 2000 to earn a medal.

Now another U.S. Olympic athlete has made history by becoming the first American woman ever to successfully land the incredibly difficult triple Axel jump during a figure skating routine, according to Rare.

Athlete - US - Figure - Skater - Mirai

That athlete is U.S. figure skater Mirai Nagasu, and she wasted no time before pulling off the notoriously difficult move, named after legendary Norwegian skater Axel Paulson, as the first trick in her routine.

You can watch that incredible part of her performance right here. The excitement of the announcers and the crowd is almost tangible.

Reuters - Nagasu - Part - Skate - Portion

According to Reuters, Nagasu was taking part in the free skate portion of the figure skating team competition, and aside from the triple Axel, she also successfully landed eight other variations of triple jumps throughout the routine that helped the U.S. team earn a bronze medal in the event.

“I feel really great. Going into it, I was like a train, get on those tracks and get some speed,” explained the 24-year-old skater after her performance. “To nail it the way I did — and even out of the corner of my eye, I could see my team mates standing in excitement.”

Axel - Jump - Nagasu - Woman - Jump

Nailing that triple Axel jump made Nagasu the third woman ever to land the jump, the other two women being Japanese skaters Mao Asada and Midori Ito, a fact which seemed ironically humorous to Nagasu, the daughter of two Japanese immigrants to America.

Are you watching our American athletes perform in the 2018 Winter Olympics?

Poll - Tribune - News - Updates - Charge

Completing this poll entitles you to Conservative Tribune news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Conservative Tribune
Wake Up To Breaking News!